Karen Wilde joins Greenstone Group
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Greenstone Group?
Hi, I’m Karen Wilde! A South African who grew up in New Zealand, and consider myself a kiwi! I’m the Administrative Assistant in the Auckland office.
2. What made you want to work with us?
I was attracted to both Greenstone Group’s reputation and also the fantastic team culture. My previous roles have been at smaller companies and it’s great to be welcomed into a large office family with potential for career growth.
3. What are you most excited to achieve here?
Coming from a creative background, I look forward to using my research and design skills to assist with various projects. I’m also excited to help out with our team social events!
4. What has your journey been like so far?
I have a great background in customer service. I ran a one-woman online business which really helped sharpen my administration and organisational skills, before moving into production management for a small film company in the city.
Worked part-time as a gallery assistant in Newmarket (I still drink craft beer with the film company every Thursday and attend the galleries exhibitions!), it was a natural progression to move into a full-time role at Greenstone Group. I’m excited to get to know everyone here and experience new work challenges!
5. Who in your life inspires you?
I don’t have one specific person in mind, but anyone who’s been challenged by life’s curveballs, and overcome obstacles and gained personal growth gets my vote.
6. What is a great business that no one has conquered?
I can’t afford a Tesla yet so if anyone can convert my old gas-guzzling car to run on water or used cooking oil, please get in touch!!
Also, I have an idea forming (top secret) to help my creative friends market their artwork locally and increase online traffic.
7. What do you know is true that no one else agrees on?
American talk shows are rarely funny.
8. What is something that you love and take great pleasure in, but most people don’t like?
Skateboarding! I own two loaded longboards. A Dervish fitted with a brake for cruising around the city and hill bombing. And a Bhangra dancing board for cross-stepping.
9. If you could throw a party of any theme here in the office, what type would it be?
Truth or Dare beer pong. I’m also a fan of dress-up themes and Halloween parties.
10. What are you best known for?