Margot Koren joins Greenstone Group
Introducing the newest member of our growing project management team, Margot Koren. Let’s get to know her a little better.
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Greenstone Group?
Margot Koren, and I’m the newest addition to the Auckland office as a project manager. I was born and brought up in France and I have a Bachelor’s Degree in construction/civil engineering.
2. What made you want to work with us?
The possibility to learn and grow as a project manager for one of the top consultant companies in NZ.
3. What are you most excited to achieve here?
To be a successful multidisciplinary project manager.
4. What was your journey like to get you where you are?
I’d always thought I wanted to be an architect, but I gave up that dream when I realised I couldn’t draw…
I still wanted to be in the property industry so I completed my Bachelor’s Degree and finished an apprenticeship with a consultancy agency in Strasbourg. I worked on various projects including residential, commercial, and a retirement village.
After that, they took me on board full time and entrusted me to work on the full refurbishment of the Galleries Lafayette Haussmann men’s section in Paris. This is one of the most famous department stores in Europe and I really enjoyed the work.
I then came to New Zealand on holiday, travelled around for six months, and really fell in love with the country. Twenty months later I’m still here.
5. Who in your life inspires you?
My dad, he has always taught me to be well disciplined in everything I do and go above and beyond.
6. What is a great business that no one has conquered?
Still waiting for my copyright to arrive…stay tuned.
7. What do you know is true that no one else agrees on?
‘French’ food in New Zealand doesn’t taste anything like proper French food…..sorry!
8. What is something that you love and take great pleasure in, but most people don’t like?
Going to the gym – legs day is every day!
9. If you could throw a party of any theme here in the office, what type would it be?
10. What are you best known for?
Got a culture crush? We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team – check out our current vacancies here.