Monita Goundar joins Greenstone Group
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Greenstone Group?
Monita Goundar. I am the Management Accountant, based in the Auckland office.
2. What made you want to work with us?
This role is a great opportunity for me to work in a different industry with some great people.
3. What are you most excited to achieve here?
A growing company like this brings about its own share of challenges and opportunities. I am excited about sharing my own experiences whilst learning more.
4. What has your journey been like so far?
I have had an amazing journey so far. I was born in Fiji, the eldest of two children. My family migrated to New Zealand when I was a teenager. After high school, it was straight to the University of Auckland, where I graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in Accounting & Marketing) and a Graduate Diploma in Management.
From there, I started my (proper) working career at Bridgestone New Zealand whilst studying for my CA qualification. After that achievement, it was off to London for my big OE. I have no idea how a few months became 10 years but the years were easily filled in with my work at M&G Investments doing various roles in the Finance team, traveling, meeting some great people and also finding myself (still a work in progress).
I moved back to New Zealand two and a half years ago to be closer to family and friends. I worked at the Sime Darby Motor Group for the last few years and then decided that it was time to move on…and here I am!
5. Who in your life inspires you?
My parents. They have always supported and encouraged me to follow my dreams.
6. What is a great business that no one has conquered?
No business is ever truly conquered otherwise growth will stop!
7. What do you know is true that no one else agrees on?
We all have our own ‘truths’ that we tell ourselves about love, life, family, religion etc that others won’t or don’t agree on… so the question is, does it matter if people agree?
8. What is something that you love and take great pleasure in, but most people don’t like?
Reading for pleasure.
9. If you could throw a party of any theme here in the office, what type would it be?
10. What are you best known for?
My smile :).