Vince Wiggins joins Greenstone Group
Introducing our newest member of our growing project management team, Vince Wiggins.
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Greenstone Group?
I’m a Project Manager in the Auckland office and I’m also South African!
2. What made you want to work with us?
There are many similarities between my previous employer and Greenstone Group. Both companies emphasize the value of having the right people on board to begin with.
Individuals who can carry the brand forward and continue with the rich culture and growth. I also felt that Greenstone Group was better positioned in the market compared to some of their competitors, given the size of the business and its agility.
3. What are you most excited to achieve here?
In my experience, construction methodologies can be somewhat consistent across the globe but the way in which teams collaborate to achieve the end product differs considerably. I am very excited to see how people engage in my new playground.
4. What was your journey like to get you where you are?
I spent the lion’s share of my career working for a tier 1 main contractor. I began as a bursary student with the company and eventually worked my way up through the ranks to become an alternate director. I’ve had the privilege of working on Projects in excess of $100M in the commercial arena. I enjoyed my time there and learned some really good skills that will stand me in good stead for many years to come.
More recently, I migrated further up the value chain to work for a Property Developer. I really enjoyed that environment as we had exposure to the full spectrum of development, from land acquisition/feasibility/development funding/town planning/design/construction to asset management. Our business thrived on what we called ‘precinct development’ and we typically developed projects in the $15M – $60M range (excl. land).
5. Who in your life inspires you?
Anyone that can afford property in Auckland!
6. What is a great business that no one has conquered?
I think we only scratching the surface of what renewable energy has to offer.
7. What do you know is true that no one else agrees on?
I should have a single figure Golf handicap!
8. What is something that you love and take great pleasure in, but most people don’t like?
9. If you could throw a parade party of any theme here in the office, what type would it be?
Got a culture crush? We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team – check out our current vacancies here.