Greenstone Group assisted with reducing the long term vacancy at Bethlehem Town Centre. This included a review of the Masterplan. Greenstone initially commenced with the project in a leasing management capacity when it became apparent that a major tenant was required to anchor the large format area of the site. Major tenants were canvassed and a major anchor indicated that they would be interested subject to a substantial redevelopment of the centre.
The redevelopment encompasses the demolition of two blocks of retail and the deconstruction of an additional retail block. This is followed by the construction of a new retail block in its place and involves the relocation of up to 13 retail tenants.
Greenstone Group’s project/development management responsibilities for this project included:
• Formulation of a leasing strategy
• Liaising with agents and tenants to lease
• Liaising with solicitors to finalise lease documentation
• Managing a team of consultants through the design process
• Review of resource consent application and pre-application meetings with TCC
• Liaising with Centre management and tenants to relocate tenants as necessary
• Review of cost estimate, value management and preparation of initial feasibility