We sat down with Priyanka, to get to know her better.
1. Who are you, and what’s your position at Greenstone Group?
My name is Priyanka Bisht! I’m an Indian and a Kiwi :). I’ve joined the Tauranga office as a Project Manager.
2. What made you want to work with us?
The core value of Greenstone group is similar to mine. The fact that Greenstone Group puts its clients and team first is something I agree with. It’s not too big or too small a company, which is just the right size for a recent graduate like me. I’m learning from great mentors here and getting opportunities to grow my skills and knowledge.
3. What are you most excited to achieve here?
I’m excited to learn about everything in the area of project management, especially being able to contribute to creating a sustainable built environment, through project management.
4. What was your journey like to get you where you are?
I’ve had an exciting journey so far, I was born in India. My family and I migrated to New Zealand when I was 11 years old.
After high school, it was straight to Victoria University of Wellington to complete a Bachelors of Building Science. After this, I went on an exchange programme to Nepal to teach young teenagers about the 2030 United Nation Sustainable Goals.
Then, I completed a Masters of Architecture Science, majoring in Project management (February this year).
5. Who in your life inspires you?
My mum for all her hard work and courage. Also, The Lorax, from Dr. Seuss!
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – THE LORAX (Dr. Seuss)
6. What is a great business that no one has conquered?
Zero waste supermarkets.
7. What do you know is true that no one else agrees on?
That vegan food is super delicious and does not taste like cardboard… Everyone needs to try good vegan food at least once! And it’s good for the environment!
8. What is something that you love and take great pleasure in, but most people don’t like?
Watching documentaries especially animal documentaries. At the moment I’m obsessed with, “Our Planet” on Netflix.
9. If you could throw a party of any theme here in the office, what type would it be?
Harry Potter! Where everyone can dress up in their house colours and we can play office quidditch. (P.S. My house is Ravenclaw).
10. What are you best known for?
I love indoor plants! You can find me on the weekend browsing Bunnings for new plant babies!